Nate Silver хорошо описал абсурдность не самого даже shutdown'а из-за того, что Трмапу не дают денег на стену, а того, когда этот shutdown произошел. Still kind of an amazing sequence: 1—Republicans have unified control of government for 2 years but don't even come close to passing a border wall, one of Trump's signature priorities. 2—Then they badly lose a midterm in which Trump's attempts to demonize immigrants fail. 3—As Dems are about to take over the House, Trump shuts down the government to demand a border wall. He later claims he has a mandate for the wall, stemming from the 2016 election, despite the midterm results and polls showing both the wall and the shutdown are highly unpopular. Silver отвечал на этот твит Трампа : ....I do have a plan on the Shutdown. But to understand that plan you would have to understand the fact that I won the election, and I promised safety and security for the American people. Part of that promise was a Wall at the Southern Border. Elections have consequences!