Как известно, Конгресс недавно одобрил omnibus bill. После чего Трамп запостил видео, в котором заклеймил всего лишь 600 долларов каждому взрослому американцу и миллионы азиатским карпам. См. "Всего лишь шестьсот долларов!" и "Азиатский карп" . Затем Трамп отбыл в Mar-a-Lago играть в гольф, оставив всех гадать подпишет ли он, в конце концов, этот bill, или наложит вето, или не сделает ни того, ни другого. Вчера Трамп подписал. Подписание он сопроводил заявлением , в котором особенно смешно выглядит перечисление Трампом выторгованных уступок: On Monday the House will vote to increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000. Therefore, a family of four would receive $5,200. Additionally, Congress has promised that Section 230, which so unfairly benefits Big Tech at the expense of the American people, will be reviewed and either be terminated or substantially reformed. Likewise, the House and Senate have agreed to focus strongly on the very substantial voter fraud which took place in the November 3 Presidential election. The Senate will start the process for a vote that increases checks to $2,000, repeals Section 230, and starts an investigation into voter fraud. Хаус и Сенат согласились "to focus very strongly"... Среди своих поклонников Трамп имеет имидж гениального переговорщика. Цирк с omnibus bill в очередной раз демонстрирует, что Трамп ужасный переговорщик. Он совершенно не знает предмета, о котором он якобы ведет переговоры, выдвигает дикие требования и часто сдается, не получив вообще ничего. Вот цепочка твитов человека, который участвовал в переговорах с Трампом в 1998 году. Первый твит, написанный 23 декабря, звучит так: He will sign [omnibus bill]. Последние твиты в цепочке об окончании переговоров в 1998 году: The next morning my corporate partner and Trump’s corporate lawyer take the joint venture agreement to Trump Tower for Trump’s signature. I’m in my office. The phone rings. It’s my corporate partner. “Mr. Trump wants to speak to you.” “Yes, Mr. Trump,” I say. “Were you there last night?” he asks. “Yes, Mr. Trump, I was.” “Did you hear me last night?” he asks. “Yes, Mr. Trump, I did.” I reply. “So, does this agreement give me the depreciation deductions?” he asks. “No, Mr. Trump, it does not.” He’s angry now. “You were there last night, you heard me, and this agreement does not give me the depreciation deductions? Why not?!” I know that the agreement could have been structured for Trump to get depreciation deductions (if he was willing to provide a “bottom guarantee”). But it wasn’t, so I answer truthfully: “Mr. Trump, the law does not permit you to get depreciation deductions.” He’s furious now. “The law does not permit me to get depreciation deductions?!” “That’s right, Mr. Trump.” He slams down the phone and signs the agreement.